Cover for how we work today
The New Year provides us with a fresh opportunity to consider how a business has changed and grown. Amongst the celebrations, it's important also to consider your insurance needs. The way many businesses work has changed. From remote offices, to working from home, to the increased reliance on a 'gig economy', we know most businesses probably have unique needs to support their working environments with the right insurance. To kick off the New Year well, we've created a perfect list of questions to discuss with your Austbrokers Canberra representative.
1. Expansion to satellite offices
If your business has grown, or is about to grow to include remote or satellite offices, it's important to discuss this with your broker. Key questions to ask include:
- We are ready to expand. What insurance options do we need to consider before we open an additional location?
- Do I require multiple contents policies to cover all my sites?
- My fleet travels in-between two separate sites. Do I need a separate policy to cover any vehicles potentially spending extended time at separate locations?
- How do I protect my digital assets, shared between multiple sites via an intranet portal, or cloud-based service?
5. Gig economy
- There's no denying that in the past few years we have begun to rely more and more on itinerant services. This so-called 'gig economy' has provided flexible working arrangements for many, but has posed a significant challenge to the former landscape of insurance products. It may surprise you the way in which this new style of working has an impact on your business. If any of the following apply to you, you should discuss them with your insurance broker as soon as possible.
My staff find it easier to travel by ride-sharing services, than by taxi when moving between sites. Who insures their travel?
- My business requires itinerant staff from time to time. How can I take advantage of apps for short-term labour hire, and ensure everyone on my site is covered by an insurance policy?
- My business is considering using a car-sharing service for short trips, rather than expanding our fleet. Is it possible to insure our staff, if this is their method of travel?
We hope this list of suggested questions to discuss with your broker has been helpful. We wish you and your businesses a Happy New Year, full of prosperity and growth. Don't forget, we're here to help.