Changes to the Austbrokers Canberra construction scheme
Austbrokers Canberra, have been proud to help MBA ACT members protect their building and construction businesses for over 15 years. Thank you for choosing us as your insurance broker; I hope you’re enjoying the peace of mind that comes with having a dedicated broker take care of you.
This confidence is important to us. Which is why, due to the recent changes to the MBA ACT’s approach to their insurance arrangements, we have made the difficult decision to part ways with them.
Why We Can No Longer Endorse MBA ACT’s Preferred PolicyWe believe the MBA ACT recommended policy no longer fits with the minimum standards we set for our clients.
In our assessment, the new MBA ACT policy:
• Does not provide adequate levels of cover for our clients;
• Potentially exposes our clients to unacceptable levels of risk;
• Has prioritised price over value and, more importantly, cover.
Your needs as our client are paramount to the service we offer. As your insurance broker, you are relying on us to find the best value for your insurance and to act in your best interests at all times.
Our Offer to You
I hope you will continue enjoying the benefits of being an Austbrokers Canberra client. Our brokers are committed to delivering the best value for your business—adequate cover, fair terms at the best possible price.
Building and construction is a high-risk industry; which is why having the right protections in place is essential.
As an Austbrokers Canberra client, you will continue to enjoy:
• The most competitive ACT worker’s compensation rates for clients who are part of Austbrokers Canberra Construction Scheme.
• Exclusive Contract Works/Public Liability policy wording available only to clients who are part of Austbrokers Canberra Construction Scheme.
• Specialised broking services for NSW & ACT Home Owners Warranty.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important update. We have valued our partnership with MBA ACT, and its members, for over 15 years, and look forward to continuing our relationship with you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your broker. We’ll be in touch shortly to discuss your policy renewal.